Circuit riders from DesPlaines held services among the early Plum Grove settlers. John Nordmeier donated land at Plum Grove and Kirchoff Roads to build a church. There is no record of when it was built but it was struck by lightning and burned in the early 1890’s. This church was built at the same location. In 1912, a lot was purchased at Plum Grove and Lincoln and the building was moved into town. The congregation became small and was disbanded in 1955. The building was sold to the Lutheran Church. The Salem Cemetery at Plum Grove and Kirchoff still exists on the land once belonging to this church.