Many children were brought into this world by Mrs. Andrew Landman, a midwife who moved to Palatine after her family lost everything in the Chicago Fire of 1873. She delivered babies on the second floor of the Harmening house which was at the southwest corner of Bothwell Street and Palatine Road. It is worth noting that when Mrs. Landman’s granddaughter was born, she entrusted the case to a new doctor in town, Dr. Carl Starck. Dr. Starck practiced medicine at the building still standing at the southeast corner of Brockway Street and Slade Street.
This entry was posted in people
and tagged andrew landman
, carl starck
. Bookmark the permalink