Palatine Historical Society Scholarship Program 2017
The Palatine Historical Society will offer two (2) one-year scholarships of $1,500.00 each to high school seniors who are residents of Palatine Township. The awards are to be used to pursue post secondary education in an accredited vocational/technical program, or at a two-year or four-year college/university. The scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, or national origin. Monies for the scholarship will be provided through a variety of fund-raising activities conducted by the Palatine Historical Society.
1. The applicant must be a resident of Palatine Township.
2. The applicant must submit a completed application and all required forms by March 24, 2017.
3. The applicant must be a high school senior and must provide scholastic transcripts showing classes and grades through the seventh semester of high school.
4. The applicant must submit two (2) letters of recommendation. More details are contained in the Scholarship Application.
5. The applicant must include a typed essay on a specified topic. More details are contained in the Scholarship Application.
6. Scholarships will be awarded on April 19, 2017 at the General Membership Meeting of the Palatine Historical Society which meets at the Palatine Library at 7:00 P.M. Winners are expected to attend.
The Scholarship Committee will notify all applicants upon completion of the evaluation process. Letters will be sent to the address provided on the application.
All guidelines and date requirements must be met. It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain and submit all required information and forms by March 24, 2017. Please submit to:
Palatine Historical Society
P.O. Box 134
Palatine, IL 60078-0134
Attention: Scholarship Committee