St. Michael the Archangel Cemetery

St. Michael the Archangel Cemetery began when the Angel Guardian Orphan Society of Chicago acquired three farms southeast of Roselle Road and Algonquin Road owned by the Porep, Fasse and Joy families in 1956. The Angel Guardian Orphan Society was a German Catholic organization founded in 1865. The Society ran an orphanage at 2001 West Devon Avenue which relied on revenues from the operation of cemeteries. The Cemetery was consecrated in 1958 and now covers 350 acres.

Comments are closed.