This site is operated by the Palatine Historical Society Board.
Our purpose is to increase public knowledge of Palatine and Palatine Township and encourage you to visit the wonderful Clayson House Museum.
Our site is under a major renovation. Please contact us if you see anything that needs attention. Thank you for stopping by and visiting the Palatine Historical Society web page.
Historic Building Plaques
The Society has prepared historic plaques for downtown buildings!
- 19 N. Bothwell St. — JL’s Pizza & Sports Bar was Palatine Stationary Store
- 16 S. Bothwell St. — Harrington Manor was Palatine Pantry Delicatessen
- 15 S. Brockway St. — Garfield’s Beverage Warehouse was Old Post Office
- 26 N. Brockway St. — The Music Room was Schoppe’s Store
- 21 W. Railroad Av. — Currently vacant was Studio One Photography
- 51 W. Wilson St. — Dario’s was Hunnerberg Hotel
- 56 W. Wilson St. — Tap House was Jewel Food Store
- 117 E. Slade St. — Mac’s on Slade was Slade St. Fire Station
- 16 N. Brockway St. — Zimmer Hardware is no longer with us
- 25 W. Palatine Rd. — American Data was Tharp Funeral Home
- 35 W. Slade St. — Guidant Wealth Advisors was State Bank of Palatine
- 25 N. Brockway St. — Monson Jewelers was Stark Hospital
- 60 N. Bothwell St. — Lamplighter Tavern & Grill was Mac & Al’s Bar
Plaque at Once Was Schoppe’s Store
Subscribe to our Announcements
Subscribe now and receive updates about our special events and programs!