24 N. Oak St., Palatine (SW corner Slade St.)
This square home looks rather modern but part of it probably dates back to the 1860’s. It was originally a small two-story home of timber construction with bricks between the heavy timbers. This method of construction was used in the 1850’s in Highland Grove. There was a living room, kitchen, pantry, and bedroom downstairs and other bedrooms upstairs. Additions and much remodeling have taken place. The Richard Foreman family moved here in 1905. Mrs. Foreman was the daughter of the Meissner family of north Quentin Road.
Residences By Street
(click a street to view homes)